STORYHIVE by TELUS
WHAT IS IT?
STORYHIVE is a community-powered funding program giving filmmakers, musicians and other creators in western Canada a chance to pitch their ideas for short films, web series and music videos in the hopes of receiving a grant. To add to the funding they receive, creators also have their finished projects showcased on TELUS Optik TV on Demand and the STORYHIVE site.
With STORYHIVE’s success, TELUS’ initiative was to absorb the music video grant system and is looking to incorporate its other granting entities into the platform.
- OF NOTE:
- Personally brokered a 2 year deal between TELUS and OMI worth over (ask for details)
- Built a first of its kind granting system
- Started as a pilot and grew it into the main granting system for all music and film in TELUS
- First team to break TELUS away from their white and green brand
- SPEND ON GRANTS TO DATE: Over $1M
- PROJECTS TO RECEIVE GRANTS: 80+
- PAGEVIEWS: 455,000 per month (while competitions are on)
- USERS: 101,000 per month
- BOUNCE RATE: 53.2%
- REGISTERED USERS: 58,000
- NEWSLETTER OPEN RATE: 46%
As the senior producer since STORYHIVE’s inception, I have built a team that runs what is now the major granting system in Western Canada for TELUS. I performed many of the tasks similar to CineCoup, found HERE, as well as the following tasks:
- Client Management – presenting and reporting directly to Blair Miller (VP of Content Solutions) and Prem Gill (former Director of Content – now CEO of Creative BC) of TELUS
- Analytics Community management team
Finally, I have participated in building and reporting on all focus groups, surveys and usability reports, have given major input into brand and social direction, and have been the direct contact for TELUS for all client communications.Go to site