WHAT IS IT?
The CineCoup Film Accelerator is a new studio model that helps independent filmmakers develop, market, and finance their feature films.
Filmmakers apply with a movie trailer video then advance through a gamified selection funnel designed to develop their projects and build fan support on the CineCoup social web platform. A final project is greenlit with up to $1 Million in production financing and a release in Cineplex Theatres. The Final 5 projects are optioned for development.
- OF NOTE:
- Designed a complete overhaul of the userflow which resulted in a 30% rise in site usability satisfaction
- Interest from financiers was so wide spread that we were able to give away two $1M prizes
- CINECOUP SPEND ON FILM PRODUCTIONS TO DATE: $2.5M with another $4.5M soon to be made
- SOCIAL REACH: 41M individuals experienced CineCoup related content
- UNIQUES: 650,000
- USER PARTICIPTION:
- 105,000 HRS spent on the site
- 23,000 HRS were spent watching videos
- 82,000 HRS SPENT exploring, earning votes (commenting, rating, sharing, etc.)
- CONVERSION (visitor to registered): 15%
- EARNED MEDIA: 650+ pieces worth $4.8M
As the senior producer and project owner, I lead a team of over 20 people: including designers, developers, editors, actors, contractors, statisticians and social media experts to deliver and update a complex software application made simple for the Users. My tasks included:
- Client Management – presenting and reporting to Michael Kennedy (Executive Vice President) and Matt Devuono (Director of Event Cinema) at Cineplex
- Analytics – overseeing and delivering analytics reports on platform performance
- Branding – building and maintaining CineCoup branding throughout all social networks, press releases, platform and print collateral
- Content strategy – creating and setting up the editorial direction for web, print, social, presentations, videos, events and press
- User Experience Design – making a complex concept into a seamless voting, social and viewing experience that was simple, easy and enjoyable to use
- Event planning and execution – set up a national Canadian road tour with multiple events along with the Big Deal Event and after party in Banff to announce the 2 X $1,000,000 winners